Restaurant Fires in Vero Beach
Within the past year and a half we have witnessed two fires in local restaurants.
The most recent was caused by an oven that was accidentally left on in the kitchen by the employees. There had been remnants of grease that was left on the stove top from daily cooking and the oven got hot enough through the night to start a grease fire. Fortunately, no injuries were reported in the fire and there was no structural damage to the building.
The other restaurant, unfortunately underwent serious damage and demolition and was closed for a year. The kitchen fire was caused by a pot left on a burner. Believe it or not but the fire is not what caused all the damage, it was the water and smoke. They had to tear out all the wiring, plumbing, ceiling, walls and flooring and completely reconstruct the building.
Always make sure your commercial kitchens are shut down and turned off properly every night by your employees.
If you ever have a problem, whether it's a fire, smoke, soot or water give us a call anytime at 772-770-0501. SERVPRO of Vero Beach loves all the local restaurants and shops. We are glad that both locations are now up and running again!