Do You Light Candles Often?
Candles are very calming and there are so many reasons people use them. They look pretty twinkling in the dim room, enhancing the ambiance, while giving off a fragrant smell that can be extremely alluring. However, there is a con and it's that they can also be the cause of a house fire.
The National Fire Protection Association states, 3 out of every 5 fires that were started by a candle were caused because they were placed near a flammable item, such as furniture, bedding, or decorations.
Here are some tips to prevent candle- originated house fires:
- Blow out candles before leaving a room or going to bed
- Keep candles one foot away from flammable items
- Use a sturdy candle holder
- Light candles carefully, keeping your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame
- You should not light a candle if oxygen is used in the home
Although candles can add to the decor in a room, they can also add danger. Just remember candles are an open flame which means they can easily ignite. Create an environment that is safe for you! SERVPRO of Vero Beach is here for you- call (772) 770-0501