If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (772) 770-0501

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Microscopic Danger : Asbestos!

8/31/2018 (Permalink)

Commercial Microscopic Danger : Asbestos! This commercial building tested positive for asbestos.

At this property there was trace amounts of asbestos found in the ceiling. Years ago using asbestos in popcorn ceilings was a very common practice so the technicians had to be extra cautious. Before removing the asbestos contaminated popcorn ceiling the entire interior had to be completely contained so that no asbestos got onto any other surfaces.

Asbestos is a very dangerous mineral that should always be avoided. Its microscopic fibers cannot be seen, smelled, or tasted and it usually does not cause any immediate symptoms at all. Actually, symptoms may not be seen for 10-40 years after exposure to asbestos. However there are some symptoms that should be looked out for. 

If you suspect you may have asbestos in your home or business give SERVPRO a call and we will come out and check for you!

Other News

View Recent Posts