Christmas Tree Fire Prevention
The Christmas Season is in full swing. During this time each year you can find beautifully adorned trees set up in many homes and businesses. Many opt for artificial trees for ease of use and cost savings, however real trees are a holiday classic. Here are some safety tips to prevent tree fires during the holiday season:
- Pick a healthy tree, trees with brown needles indicate dryness.
- Use a sturdy stand with an adequate basin for water to prevent your tree from drying out.
- Make sure the lights you use on the tree are fire resistant and supported by a national testing organization.
- Set the tree up a safe distance away from any heat source.
- Check all wiring and bulbs of the lights you are going to hang for any damage. Do not use if damaged.
- Check your smoke alarms and replace batteries if necessary.
- Check the water of your Christmas tree daily for proper levels.
Our team at SERVPRO of Vero Beach wants to ensure that everyone has a safe and joyous holiday season! Please remember, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for you! If you are in need of emergency service call 911 if necessary, then give our office a call at 772-770-0501.
SERVPRO of Vero Beach