Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
5 Easy Tips to Prevent Water Damage
- Be careful where you plant. Some plants and trees, like weeping willows, have pretty invasive roots. ...
- Turn your water off before leaving town...
- Update your water heater...
- Remove water source immediately if soaking your house...
- Clean out roof gutters. ...
- Keep an eye on your water bill. ...
- Use a drain snake instead of unclogging chemicals. ...
- Never pour grease down your sink.
- Call SERVPRO of Vero Beach when in doubt or an emergency.
This, of course, is a very short list, but an effective one.
Our Team is here for You! (772) 770-0551 today!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (772) 770-0501
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.